Aflatoxin M1 Determination in milk
New rapid test (10’) for Aflatoxin M1 determination in milk according to European limits
country of origin :Italy
The new Quick Afla M1 Strip Test kit allows the rapid and visual qualitative / semiquantitative determination (10 minutes) of Aflatoxin M1 in milk samples. The results become quantitative when the kit is used in combination with the RDS-1500 PRO Strip Reader.
The assay can be realized in 2 easy steps: the milk sample is added to a reaction well which contains a lyophilized reagent, mixed and incubated at room temperature for 5 minutes. Then a test strip is inserted in the reaction well and incubated for another 5-minute step.
The test requires no incubator !
All that is needed for the analysis comes with the kit, including a reusable 200 μL micropipette and the disposable tips: therefore the test can be performed everywhere. Quick Afla M1 Strip Test can be stored at 2°-8°C for 12 months from date of production.
· 10’-rapid test: it can be performed everywhere in 2 easy steps
· No need of any incubator at all
· It can be performed on any bench, regardless of the room temperature value
· Very simple interpretation of results, either visual or by means of the RDS-1500 PRO Strip Reader
· Qualitative/semi quantitative results with cutoff at 50 ppt, with visual reading
· Quantitative results with the RDS-1500 PRO Strip Reader, within the range 10 - 350 ppt approx.
· Suitable to every kind of milk, even if preservatives are present
· Low cost/test & Long shelf life
· At the end of the 2nd incubation step, observe the test strip and its lines:
· T-Line is more intense than C-Line: the concentration of Aflatoxin M1 in the sample is lower than 50 ppt.
· T-Line is as intense as C-Line: the concentration of Aflatoxin M1 in the sample is equal to approx. 50 ppt.
· T-Line is less intense than C-Line: the concentration of Aflatoxin M1 in the sample is higher than 50 ppt.
· T-Line is absent, only C-Line is visible: the concentration of Aflatoxin M1 in the sample isstrongly positive (equal to
or higher than 300-400 ppt).
· Quick Afla M1 Strip Test also gives an approximate indication of Aflatoxin M1 concentration according to the proportion of the intensity level of the two lines.
Interpretation with the portable RDS-1500 PRO reader for (quantitative results):
The new Quick Afla M1 Strip Test kit when combined to the handheld RDS-1500 PRO strip reader provides quantitative results of Aflatoxin M1 in milk in 10 minutes only within the range between 10 and 350 ppt approx. (not suitable to US/FDA limit of 500 ppt).
After running the test, the strip is put into the cartridge adapter then inserted in the reader. The result is immediately given in ppt and shown on the touch-screen display along with the enlarged picture of the colored lines appeared on the test strip.
The quantitative results obtained by means of the RDS-1500 PRO reader are accurate and repeatable, thanks to the objective interpretation given by the instrument and its software for enhancing and analyzing the test images, but also thanks to the excellent analytical performances of the Quick Afla M1 Strip Test kit.
The reader features a stable memory for a huge number of test results which can be easily downloaded in a PC by means of the supplied data software. Its long-lasting rechargeable batteries, small dimensions and friendly use allow it to be used everywhere.
Advantages of the use of RDS-1500 PRO reader:
· Quantitative results for Aflatoxin M1 in milk
· Immediate reading and interpretation
· Handheld, light and easy-to-use equipment
· Wide, full color, touch-screen LCD display
· Quantitative results of Aflatoxin M1 between 10 and 350 ppt approx.
· Huge stable memory for test results on its expandable SD card
· IP67 dust and water-resistant
· Connectable to a PC or printer by means of the supplied USB cable
· Supplied with the Data Manager Desktop Suite Software
· Long-lasting rechargeable batteries